Our Top Rated HGH Product
(Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
Brief and Straightforward Guide on: HGH TherapyUnderstanding The HGH Therapy Option
The Human Growth Hormone Therapy is primarily designed to treat and manage men and women suffering from HGH deficiency. HGH is a naturally occurring hormone, which is synthesized by the endocrine system and controls essential functions like growth and replication of cells in the various organs of the body. It is not a steroid or a performance enhancing agent, though it can function like them.
Normally, the natural production of HGH peaks in the early 20s and then gradually declines at an average rate of 14 % in every decade of life. The decline is so drastic that after the age of 30 years the body fails to produce adequate quantities of HGH as per the body’s demand, which in turn results in aging. Inevitably, individuals above the age of 30 years suffer from HGH deficiency to some extent.
HGH therapy is not a ‘miracle’ solution for all the problems. The therapy cannot reverse the damage to human proteins, caused as a result of deranged metabolic functions and exposure to harmful environmental agents. Further, HGH therapy is not efficient in the management of cardiovascular disorders or problems that occur due to a deficiency of other hormones. However, HGH therapy has potential benefits, as it decelerates the process of aging, accelerates healing of wounds and injuries, increases the capacity to exercise and maximizes physical performance. HGH therapy also has potential benefits on the mental sphere which include - increased concentration and memory levels, enhanced sense of wellbeing and also, helps ward off depression.
Research on benefits of HGH therapy
Several studies have been conducted to evaluate the benefits of HGH therapy on individuals. In the early 1990s, a study was published in the New England Journal of Medicine, by Dr Rudman. For the first time the potential benefits of HGH therapy in an elderly age group of men (between the ages of 61-80 years), were highlighted. The most impressive finding of the study was that HGH therapy taken over a period of six months can help reverse signs of aging by 10 to 15 years. However, this study had a major limitation as the selected sample was quite small.
Another study conducted on a larger sample size during 1994 to 1996, reiterated the findings of Rudman’s Study. This study was conducted at Palm Springs Life Extension Institute in collaboration with the Department of Neurology, Medical college of Wisconsin. About 202 participants were covered in the study, and the observations of the study were exhilarating. The study observed an increase in the bone density by 1.5 - 2.5 % over a period of six months, along with loss of fat mass and gain in muscle mass by 10 % each. Benefits included - increased muscle mass, higher energy levels, increased exercise endurance and expanded exercise tolerance, overall sense of well being, improved skin texture and tone, improved mental function and improved sexual capabilities. Other observed benefits were - hair growth and disappearance of wrinkles.
It is worthwhile to note, that most of the studies that have shown the potential benefits of HGH, have all been conducted using HGH injections. None of these studies have used other forms of HGH replacement like HGH pills, HGH sprays or Homeopathic HGH.
HGH Therapy: The process
HGH therapy involves the use of biosynthetically prepared recombinant Human Growth Hormone, which is injected subcutaneously into the body, to be subsequently absorbed into the blood stream. As a part of the HGH therapy, it is first essential to evaluate the hormone deficiency in an individual as the use of HGH injections is regulated by the FDA. The FDA doesn’t allow the use of the synthetically prepared HGH without the prescription of a licensed medical professional. The following steps are involved:
• A series of blood tests are conducted on the individual to assess the level of growth hormone in the body. Most physicians rely on blood based test to evaluate the level of HGH in the body. Nevertheless, some physicians may want to confirm the diagnosis with radiological investigations like X-rays or MRI, especially among children, to validate the use of HGH therapy.
• Once an individual qualifies as a 'HGH deficient' individual, the HGH therapy is initiated.
• The physician will start the treatment with a low dose of synthetic HGH which is calculated at the rate of 0.01 to 0.02 mg per kg body weight per week. This dose is then split into three or five injections taken over the week. The physician will closely monitor the progress.
• After the initial dose, a test called the 'stimulation test' is conducted on the individual to understand whether his/her body’s requirement for HGH has been met. The stimulation test measures the levels of IGF-1 (insulin like growth factor-1) levels in blood. IGF-1 levels are inversely proportional to the need of HGH. The injection dose is increased or decreased accordingly. These evaluation tests are conducted once in every four to six weeks.
• After an assessment for three to four times, the physician will arrive to an ideal ‘maintenance’ dose for the patient. Following this, the patient is assessed once every six months.
HGH therapy constraints
As the most effective treatment option, which shows spontaneous and lasting effects, HGH therapy seems to be the choice of treatment. However, it does have some constraints,
• The therapy is extremely expensive and the treatment can cost in the range of $ 800 to $ 3000 for one month.
• Inappropriate management and self administration of HGH therapy can result in side effects which are irreversible and severe. The recorded side effects include - joint pain, generalized edema, severe headache, hypoglycemia, wrist pain (carpel tunnel syndrome), increased level of LDL in the blood increasing the possibility of developing atherosclerosis, etc.
• HGH therapy is exorbitant. This has resulted in the market being flooded with several counterfeit products, which are cheaper but can be potentially harmful. For individuals seeking HGH therapy it is essential to ensure that the provider of HGH therapy is trusted and reliable.